JULIE & RICHARD would like to welcome you, your family and friends to their KAROO VIEW COTTAGES.
Luxurious 4 star self catering accommodation in the heart of the Karoo, Prince Albert, Western Cape.
Our 4 cottages are uniquely positioned on an elevated koppie with magnificent views of the village and Swartberg Pass, 350m off the main street and only 4.5 hours from Cape Town.
Relax and unwind after your travels, with a sun downer on your private stoep or our boma overlooking the village, whilst watching the moon rising over the Swartberg, and relishing in the peace and tranquillity that surrounds you as the nights sky draws your eye to the heavens as the sun sets.
Wake up and enjoy your provided health breakfast provisions on your stoep, shared with Familiar Chats, Cape Buntings and various sunbirds, as well as being in the enviable position to watch the sun rising up over the Swartberg whilst listening for the call of owls before dawn.
The name KAROO VIEW says it all
A true Karoo Destination . . . which we would love to share with you. "In the middle of nowhere, close to everywhere."
Karoo View Cottages offer you luxurious self-catering accommodation in modern Karoo style cottages, with lots of extras, attention to detail, as your comfort is our priority.
Choose from our Kanon, Ferox, Krans or Striata Suites, each measuring 72sqm, with beautiful double volume natural reed ceilings, large window views, and individually decorated to compliment your surroundings.
All suites offer the following:
* Various bed sizes from which to choose; double, queen, king, twin extra length and extra length singles available
* Crisp, white 200 thread count poly cotton percale linen and loads of pillows
* All weather duvet inners, oversized and anti-allergenic, encased in 100% cotton percale
* 100% Cotton cellular blankets and bed throws, and electric blankets with individual controls
* Airy mosquito nets ensure you of a peaceful night sleep - Mozzie sprays and coils provided
* Remote controlled Hot/Cold Air conditioners enable ambient temperatures
* Large Karoo fireplaces with complimentary firewood and firelighters
* Vanity area with good lighting, mirrors, hairdryer and lots of hanging space and extra coat hangers
* Electronic safe, flat screen TV as well as use of DVD player on request
* Lounge and dining areas with cosy, comfortable, ample seating
En-suite fully tiled Bathrooms complete with:
* Full sized bath and twin hand basins or oversize shower with grab rail and extra shower mixer
* Trigger shower * Grab rails* Overhead heater for those chilly nights
* Bath sheets, hand towels and bath robes of an excellent quality, extra absorbent and fluffy
* Beautiful natural Karoo Olive bathroom products to enhance your senses and emergency pack of goodies
* International shaving point
Fully equipped and tiled Kitchens: Fitted with everything in your home from home kitchen:
* Four plate gas stove with electric oven except Krans suite which has an electric stove
* Microwave, kettle, toaster, snack which maker
* Refrigerator with freezer section
* Full self-catering inventory including crockery, plus lots of extras
* Salt, pepper, spray n cook, serviettes and paper supplied for your convenience
* Emergency kitchen basket
* Two suites have a dishwasher
Each suite has its own private Karoo Stoep, on which to sit and enjoy your unique and magnificent view,
offering you your choice of relaxation.
Direct access to the natural indigenous gardens, leading you to the stone boma, complete with stone fireplace, braai facilities, including all braai utensils and firewood, cuddle puddle, umbrellas and pool lounger, from which you can laze away the glorious Karoo day.
Each suite has its own private entrance on separate sides of each cottage, and own covered, sheltered, secure and off street parking.
Extra parking is also available for your trailer, boat or caravan with overnight plug-in facilities.
As the dawn awakens . . .wait . . . draw back your curtains . . . and what a sight to behold awaits you . . .
LIKE NO OTHER in our village,
Your very own unique
Enjoy our natural stone Plunge pool, with lounger and umbrellas a perfect way to end a summers day with your glass of vino or two.
Enjoy the natural stone Boma with lovely large braai, equipped with all your firewood, firelighters, with our compliments, braai grids and utensils, and for those extra chilly nights a Mexican chimineya to huddle round, as well as 3 private braai and viewing spots, all individually designed to blend into the natural vegetation, equipped with your firewood and firelighters with our compliments. Braai grids and tongs also supplied for your use - really special to view our magnificent night sky to end off your Karoo day.
A real treat to end off your Karoo day, is to take a short walk or cycle at dusk along our road leading into the far distance where you may be fortunate to spot a Karoo Hare, Tortoise, or a Spotted Eagle Owl perched on one of the farm fences and if you are very very lucky you may see an Aardvark, silhouetted against the setting sun.
Traveler Rating: Not yet reviewed by any member...
You can be the first one to write a review for KAROO VIEW COTTAGES!
KAROO VIEW COTTAGES is located in Western Cape Prince Albert. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and KAROO VIEW COTTAGES reviews. Book KAROO VIEW COTTAGES online and Save!