Located on the Eastern Head of Knysna on the exquisite Garden Route coast, just a 40-minute flight from Cape Town, Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa is surrounded by rugged cliffs, ancient forests and sheltered beaches. With sweeping views of Pezula Championship Golf Course, the Indian Ocean and the Knysna Lagoon, it is a haven of privacy and luxury.
Seventy-eight stylish suites, including two presidential suites, are housed in detached villas and deliver a whole new world of luxury in an elegant African style. Each has its own patio or balcony, individual climate control, satellite television, a DVD player, electronic safe, direct telephone, Wifi connectivity and walk-in wardrobe. A pantry kitchen with delicious deli snacks prepared by the hotel restaurant, a well stocked drinks cabinet and real log fireplaces add unparalleled luxury to the accommodation.
Bathrooms are huge with oval-shaped calabash baths and wet rooms big enough for two. Beds are beautifully dressed with Egyptian cotton linen and guests are supplied with luxurious toweling gowns and slippers.
The main building houses a sumptuous cigar lounge, champagne and whisky bar, library, wine cellar and gourmet restaurant, Zachary’s. Executive chef Geoffrey Murray delights in serving up the freshest local ingredients in his inimitable style. His menu offers a variety of ‘modern ethnic’ dishes inspired by his worldwide experiences which include owning his own restaurants in New York and Miami and his role as executive chef at the exclusive Seychelles resort, North Island.
Situated on the lower level of the hotel, Pezula Spa is a calm sanctuary that reflects the soul of Africa and provides world-class professionalism in the delivery of a superior health and wellness experience. Twice named Best Spa in South Africa, it includes a 12m heated indoor pool, state-of-the-art gymnasium, outdoor Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room, rainforest shower, nail bar, hair salon and nine therapy rooms, as well as a post-treatment room with heated water beds. It offers a comprehensive range of treatments which combine natural therapies with the most technologically advanced equipment available.
Guests have access to secluded Noetzie Beach and River and activities including horse riding, canoeing and hiking. The estate’s Field of Dreams sporting complex offers four world-class tennis courts, a multi-purpose sports oval and golf practice range.
The Boma is the ideal venue for a meal with an authentic African feel. A rustic thatched structure houses a bar and log fireplace where guests can dine protected from the elements.
Montrose Castle on the Beach offers hotel guests a stunning beach venue on one of the most unspoilt and secluded beaches on the Garden Route coast. Here hotel guests can enjoy a delicious picnic prepared by Zachary’s restaurant while they soak up the sun.
Pezula’s newest ultra-luxury accommodation offering is the Private Castle on Noetzie Beach, which provides guests with every conceivable luxury including a butler and chef. The Main Castle houses three sumptuous suites and two sitting rooms while the Honeymoon Castle is a self-contained two-storey apartment.
Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa Amenities
COMPLIMENTARY ADDED VALUE SERVICES
1. Use of the Hot Spa area: Jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, rainforest shower, heated indoor swimming pool
2. Use of the Gym facilities
3. 24 hour Internet access in our Business Centre
4. Tea and coffee tray in room and daily homemade cookies
5. Shuttle service on Pezula Private Estate
A complimentary shuttle service is available to all activities on the Resort and beach.
Field of Dreams
• Tennis- four all-weather courts - professional coaching available
• Pétanque - Traditional French game of bowls (boules) for 2 or more players
• Archery - bring out the marksman in you!
• Football, softball & cricket on the multipurpose sports oval
• 300 metre golf driving range; putting, short game and bunker facilities
• Ultimate Frisbee - a game of speed and skill
• Sun bathing
• Beach games - volleyball, bat & ball
• Canoeing in the river mouth
• Strolls and birdwatching along the shore
• With the rehabilitation of the natural forests and vegetation, 129 species of birds have been recorded to date on the Resort by BirdLife Plettenberg Bay
• The hotel provides binoculars and bird books on request
Hire a canoe and paddle down the pristine Noetzie River.
Hikes and Trails
• Hikes and trails of varying distances through the indigenous forests and fynbos landscapes accompanied by experienced guides
• Combine a hike with a canoe trip down the Noetzie River to the beach
Ride through fynbos and indigenous forest on well-schooled Cape Riding horses, suitable for riders of all levels of experience.
The Resort has two heated swimming pools:
• At the Spa the 12m indoor pool is available to all guests over the age of 16 years
• At the hotel's northern terrace a 12m outdoor pool is available to all guests.
Play golf on the internationally acclaimed Pezula Championship Golf Course.
General Policies & Disclaimers
CANCELLATION POLICY: In the event of
1. Your notifying us in writing not less then 45 days prior to the date of arrival of the cancellation of your reservation any deposit received in respect of this reservation will be refunded in full.
2. Your notifying us in writing not less then 30 days but less then 45 days before the date of arrival of the cancellation of your reservation, the deposit due will be forfeited to us.
3. Your notifying us in writing less than 30 days before the date of arrival of the cancellation of your reservation, your full deposit due will be forfeited to us.
1. One Child under the age of 12 years, sharing with his/her parents will be accommodated in a Villa Suite at no additional accommodation cost on an extra bed or in a cot. Breakfast for 3 – 11 year olds will be an additional R125.00 per child, per day. Children under 3 years are not charged for breakfast. This price is subject to change depending on price increases during the year.
2. Two children or one child 12 years and over will require their own room.
3. Interleading Suites are available on request.
THIRD ADULT POLICY
1. All suites are able to accommodate a maximum of 2 adults per room. A third adult would require their own suite.
2. A maximum of 4 adults and 2 children may be accommodated in the Private Residence Villas. Breakfast would be charged as per our child policy.
Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa - Garden Route Knysna Accommodation
Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa is located in Garden Route Knysna. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa reviews. Book Pezula Resort Hotel & Spa online and Save!