Sanbona Explorer camp offers an adventurous and authentic bush experience with its bush walks. The camp is located in a shaded river line which makes for suberb views.
This is a flexible experience for guests to experience and explore the Sanbona Karoo as the belief is that the rigidity of travel needs to be simplified by going back to basics.
The camp site is unfenced to provide the true explorer ambience and tents are placed in fairly close proximity without encroaching on another tents privacy. Wild animals are able to cross through the camp at any time and although all safety precautions have been followed in setting up the camp; this remains a reality.
- Tents: 3 x Mobile canvas (camping) tents sleeping a maximum of 2 people each
- Meals: All meals are prepared and enjoyed under the Karoo skies
- Ablutions: 2 x Outside showers shared by all by guests (water is heated via the sun or on cold days via a fire for extra warmth).
- Each tent has an en-suite bio box toilet (portable) with canvas for privacy.
- 2 x Fold out aluminium stretchers with individual sleeping bags (down) and pillows
- 1 x Three tier cupboard (small)
- 1 x LED light for night time use
- 1 x Outside hand basin (warm water is supplied on request or at first light in the morning)
- En-suite bio box toilet (portable)
- 1 x Hammock nestled away under ancient Schotia trees
- Guest amenities include insect repellent, toilet paper, towels, tissues, sanitary bags as well as bio-degradable shower gel and shampoo
Discover the spirit of the Little Karoo on foot and see the many treasures on the Reserve.
The San people of Africa roamed the area for thousands of years until 100 years ago.
The /Xam tribe, the nomadic hunter-gatherers living in harmony with nature realised then that man and nature together is sustainable.
Stargazing in the Karoo
One of the most spectacular wonders to be seen in the Karoo is the night sky and Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is the ideal location to experience it. Free from light pollution, it offers some of the finest stargazing in Southern Africa and is an ideal activity for all guests to enjoy.
For the avid birdwatcher, Sanbona Wildlife Reserve is home to more than 200 species.
There is a very healthy population of raptors to be seen including African Fish Eagles, breeding pairs of majestic Black Eagles and regular sightings of Black Harrier.
Traverse the landscape of Sanbona Wildlife Reserve with a qualified ranger in comfortable open Landcruisers. During the drive, be it in the early morning or for sundowners, various species of plants, animals, big game and birds can be seen.
Traveler Rating: Not yet reviewed by any member...
You can be the first one to write a review for Sanbona Explorer Camp!
Sanbona Explorer Camp is located in Western Cape Montagu. We provide accommodation, hotel information, holiday specials, packages, photos, rates and Sanbona Explorer Camp reviews. Book Sanbona Explorer Camp online and Save!